Latest Club Results
Batting Hall of Fame
Bowling Hall of Fame
Team Batting Records
Team Season Statistics
The First 100 Years
Carlton's Home - Princes Park
District/Premier Cricket History
'Champions of Carlton'
Match Reports 2012-13
Match Reports 2011-12
2009-10 Fourth XI One Day Premiers
2010-11 First XI One Day Premiers
NW WCCC T20
CB U13 Girls
Carlton Cricket Club - Smoke Free Policy
Smoke Free Policy
The Carlton Cricket Club recognizes that passive smoking is hazardous to health and those non-smoking club members and visitors have the right to be protected from exposure to tobacco smoke.
Accordingly, the following policy shall apply to all club facilities, functions, meetings and activities undertaken by the club and will apply to all members, officials, players and club visitors.
All club facilities are to be completely smoke free and shall include:
• The social rooms inclusive of bar, kitchen, meeting room, toilets and storage area
• Player change rooms inclusive of warm up area, toilets and showers, medical room and property room.
Cigarettes will not be sold (including vending machines) at any time at or by the club
Players, Officials & Coaches
Coaches, players, trainers, volunteers and officials will refrain from smoking and remain smoke free while involved in an official capacity for the club, on and off the field.
All club functions including social and fund raising events and meetings are to be completely smoke free:
• Ashtrays will be removed from all club facilities.
• Cigarette butt bins will be provided at outdoor locations for smokers to dispose of cigarette butts before entering/ re-entering smoke free areas at club facilities
• Smokers leaving the designated licensed area of the clubs social rooms will not be permitted to take alcohol from that area.
All club functions held away from the club facilities are to be completely smoke free and shall require an assurance from the venue management of compliance with the club policy before a booking is confirmed by:
• Removing all ashtrays from venue where function is to be held
• Enforcing a smoke free policy during the function
• Not selling cigarettes (including vending machines) at any time during the function.
Invitations and advertising for all functions, meetings and events will be promoted as smoke free.
All club committee members will enforce the smoke free policy and any non-compliance will be handled according to the following process:
• Explanation of the club policy to the person/people concerned, including identification of the areas in which smoking is permitted
• Continued non-compliance with the policy should be handled by at least two committee members who will use their discretion as to the action taken, which may include asking the person/ people to leave the club facilities or function.
The club will promote the smoke free policy regularly by:
• Putting a copy of the policy in club newsletters, notice boards, website and printed member/player information
• Displaying a copy of the policy in the club social rooms
• Periodic announcements to members at functions.
The club recognises the importance of educating club members, particularly players, of the benefits of implementing a smoke free policy and will endeavour to provide information to assist this process.
The club will actively participate in the Australian Drug Foundation’s Good Sports program with an ongoing priority to achieve Level 3 accreditation.
This policy will be reviewed annually to ensure it remains relevant to club operations and reflects both community expectations and legal requirements.
MyCricket Terms & Conditions